Nvidia releases WHQL-certified ForceWare 196.21 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Nvidia has rolled out WHQL-certified Forceware drivers v196.21 for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200 and Ion-series GPUs running on Windows XP, Vista or 7. The update brings multi-GPU support for many new (and some unreleased) games, including Avatar Demo, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, City Bus Simulator, Dirt 2, Ferrari Virtual Race, GREED: Black Border, Mass Effect 2, Mortal Online, Ninja Blade, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo, Planet 51, RUSE, Serious Sam HD, and Wings of Prey.

Version 196.21 also upgrades the PhysX System Software to version 9.09.1112 and offers a variety of bug fixes in 3DMark06, Allied Force Falcon, BioShock, DiRT 2, Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Risen, Shattered Horizon, The Sims 3, and World of Warcraft. If you want to take an in-depth look at the changes, check out Nvidia's release notes for Windows XP and Windows Vista/7 -- or just grab your download below:

XP 32-bit | XP/2003 64-bit | Vista 32-bit | Vista 64-bit | 7 32-bit | 7 64-bit

Permalink to story.

Windows Hardware Quality Labs.
It means that the driver has passed MS Windows testing and deemed compatible with the operating systems the driver is designed for (XP, Vista , 7). It's Microsoft's seal of approval.

Downloaded...driver swept...installed

If you use the Nvidia system tools to over/underclock, you might have problems with this release. Installed it last night and the only choice I have for custom clock speeds now is 0 MHz. Looked around and a bunch of other people are having this problem too.

Buggy!!!!! The control panel just keeps crashing since installation. I never had to do a clean removal of the previous versions before installing a new one... Maybe I will do that with this version and see if the problem continues or not.

Guest said:
Buggy!!!!! The control panel just keeps crashing since installation. I never had to do a clean removal of the previous versions before installing a new one... Maybe I will do that with this version and see if the problem continues or not.

Installing a driver over the top of an existing one isn't probably the best way of installing. Take an extra three minutes is uninstall the old one first.
No problems with W 7 Ultimate x64. But then, I use EVGA Precision GPU adjusting and monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back