Nvidia roundup: Record yearly earnings, Tegra 4, Project Shield

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huan recently said during the company’s quarterly and yearly earnings call that they did the best work in the company’s history in 2012. The proof is in the revenue which shot up 7.1 percent year over year to a record $4.28 billion.

Quarterly revenue was down 8.1 percent sequentially to $1.11 billion but compared to the same time last year, it was up 16.1 percent. Nvidia also pointed out the fact that they repurchased $100 million in stock and paid a total dividend to shareholders of $46.9 million during the fiscal quarter.

During a conference call that followed the earnings report, Nvidia said they are in the process of ramping up production on the upcoming Tegra 4 SoC. They are already sampling production silicon of the chip which will contain their 4G LTE modem. It will begin shipping in July which means we should see handsets and tablets utilizing Tegra 4 hit the market in August or September.

Huan also said Project Shield will be shipping in the latter part of Q2 and will be the first commercially-available product powered by Tegra 4. The handheld Android gaming device that’s able to stream games from a PC to the gadget was one of the best-kept secrets leading up to this year’s Consumer Electronics Show.

The announcement of the groundbreaking device came as a surprise to everyone and remains one of the most anticipated gadgets of 2013 – despite the fact that we still don’t know how much Nvidia plans to charge for it.

Permalink to story.

Watching his tattoo I was thinking to myself. What if he gets fired? But then it wouldn't be so hard to make the shape in to something else.

Anyway I don't have complains about nvidia.

Back