One-click pivot?

Mugsy

I need a simple program that will allow me to put a monitor in/out of "portrait mode" (tall) simply by double-clicking it.

I am setting up a pivoting monitor in a law office that wants to be able to edit documents by switching into "portrait mode", but they aren't savvy enough to "launch ATI Catalyst", find "rotate 90'" on the menu, click OK, then close the program... then do that all again when you need to go back.

Instead, I'd rather there be a simple icon on the desktop that instantly toggles between modes. The only thing I've found so far is $40 Commercial Software that is total over kill.

Any ideas?

I used to set the ATI catalyst to follow the intel default shortcut: CTRL + ALT + Up for the default, CTRL + ALT + Down for the 180* mode. and left and right, you know what i mean. It's available at the Catalyst hotkey tab.

Huh.

Interesting. I didn't even know the option was in there.

If there is a way to create a "hotkey" shortcut, there should be a way to create a program that sends the correct keystroke simply by clicking.

Thanks. I'll look into writing a simple program to do this unless anyone knows of something that does this already?

Back