Opteron 148 fights x2 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I wanna know if its really a good choice tu upgrade from an 148 to a x2 3800+. Im not shure about the single trheads aplication, would I realize the difference of the 512kb extra of the opteron...

and in dayly task would I see the difference?
and in general performance?
and in games?

Greetings from Chile
Bz

Get an opteron 165, and overclock it :D, they are great overclockers, and equal X2 3800+ at stock speeds, but OC way better.

I'll second the 165, I like mine. Keep in mind you only hear reports of the "good overclocks," so it makes it seem like everyone's getting their 165 to 3ghz(even if most aren't).

Just a note the 939 opterons are "going on sale" on oct 30 'till years end.
http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35127
I might need to get a second one at those prices.

Ahahap, thats right, in Newegg the opterons are at 160dollars, but out of stock...in others resselrs the price is over 240dollars.

so you say that I shall wait till November to see the new prices? But is there going to come new stock? And if the opterons where discontinued.....how would there be new stock?

but i dont understant what does 10/30/06 price and sale price? :S

Wait if you think the savings are worth it. $160 is still a good price(I paid almost 2x as much a few months ago).

I can't make sense of your last line in your post.

Ahap

xD....in your link it says: 10/30/06 price and then sale price....

but I would like to know when are we going to see the new prices.xD
Thx
Bz

Yes, aha....ahap, here in chile is the same...the only difference is that ahap is, more "funny" xD

Im gonna get the 165 next weeks, after AMD cuts the prices on tank guys, where I can choose the stepping. =D

Thx
BZ

PS: what about ocing the 165@2.8 and more with a BLue ORB II..how will the temps be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back