optimum graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

firelance

i wondering whether the ATi Radeon 9000 128 MB AGP 4X wud be an optimum card to use on my mobo.......my mobo wont take any 8X cards coz its an ECS M925 1.0.....somehow no ones heard of the mobo and it isnt even listed on the ecs site... i tried using a pixelview GF4 MX400 agp 8X card and my system wont even boot!!!
i hav come to terms with the fact tht i wont be able to use high end cards on my system coz the mobo wont take any agp 8X cards........so i just want a card tht will take full use of my system....512 sdram PC100,P4 1.6...(i know, i know,my system is sucky)
will the above mentioned card do or is there a comparable card tht i can buy, now tht the prices of all the last gen cards are tumbling down due to the release of new cards......
and i wuz jus wonderin..if a game frames on my system...its coz of my poor graphics card rite....or is it due to my super slow ram sticks?
someone plz help me out here.
thnx

btw,presently i hav an onboard S3 prosavage DDR 32mb card........an agp card wud be a massive upgrade......
and will i be able to use it for at least 2yrs b4 it becomes obsolete??

I think a GF4 4200 ( provided you could find one ) will be your best upgrade with that machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back