Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

compused

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

Outlook 2007 (Vista) page layout

I am not sure what format is being used because I am asking on behalf of my mother, who is in her 80's and living in Cyprus. If you tell me where to check, I will relay this to my Dad and he will get back to me please.

With Vista, should it be HMTL, the same as XP?

Compused

You can check in Outlook under Tools > Options > Mail Format (tab). The top of that tab should have a dropdown box that should normally say HTML. There is an option [Internet Format] below there and there is an setting that says automatically wrap text at ___ characters. Mine is set to 76 there. I'm not sure how much this option matters, but I'd check there too.

Edit: Something else....is your mother using periods to end sentences? Just a thought. :p

Hi peacefulchaos

Thanks for getting back to me.

My mother was a typist in her youth so I would say that she does use periods (fullstops) to end her sentences. It more likely to be the number of characters before a line wraps round that has been set wrong.

Dad says she keeps on nodding off in the middle of typing an email and it may be a problem of the laptop over heating as well.

I will relay your message to my Dad and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back