Outlook XP .pst operation failed. An object could not be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

resu

Ok, we have a really annoying issue at work at the moment with Outlook XP.

because we deal with alot of different jobs we use a job number system so everyone knows what goes where and whats going on.
The trouble is we may have 4 or 5 people working on the same job, sending lots of emails so to get everyones emails all in one place so that anyone can pick them up we've decided to use .pst files for each job example 10.001-inbox, 10.001-sent.

now it seems that these get corrupted somehow over time because when some users try to 'close' that pst file they get the following message
"Operation failed. An object could not be found"
so they're left witha redundant file in their outlook that cannot be deleted or hidden. The emails in that folder can be moved to another pst folder so that others can gain access to the emails but we're left with redundant files.

we have one guy who has at least 20 of these un-closeable files in his outlook. i really dont know how he does it.

Is there a way to removed these files? i've tried reinstalling outlook but i still get the files which i cannot remove. I'm assuming its a registry issue?

thanks for your time

will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back