P/S for Asus M2N-MX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike6

I am in the process of building a new PC. I propose to use the Asus M2N-MX motherboard. I cannot, however, determine what the current requrement for this board might be. Asustek service will not accept queries without a product S/N (don't have the item yet) and there does not seem to be a way to query sales. Other devices are:
1 HDD, 1 DVD/CD RW, 1-FDD, maybe a minimal video card if necessary.

I have a choice of two P/S units:
1-KDM M6400/7400 400w --+3.3:28a; +5:40a; +12:18a (APFC=no)
2-Enermax SFX 270w -- +3.3:20a; +5:22a; +12:20a (APFC=yes).

So which should I choose for this MB? Any advice anyone?

The mobo itself consumes very little power. It is your CPU, drives and video card that will draw most of the current.

You may get away with the 270W, the thing is Enermax after all. 400W would be a safer bet though IMHO.

With that build, the major power sucker would be the CPU and a video card if ur gonna get one. The Enermax one will cut it but with a video card, get the 400W one instead.

AMD 3500+ Cpu

Oops, sorry I failed to mention that I plan on the AMD3500+ CPU which supposed to draw only 35w. Yes, while I like Enermax products, I'm inclined toward the 400w unit. My concern is the +12 line. If the m/b + cpu needs more than 18a then the Enermax unit with it's 20a +12 line would be better in spite of the lower overall wattage.

Thanks folks, your replies are helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back