PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA bluescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a P4 2.8 prescott

CPU:p42.8 Prescott
Motherboard:Asus - P4P800 delux
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 4x DDR400 512 3200(?)
GPU:6600 GT
PSU (do not leave this out): 475w (some china brand i forgot)

I believe it could be overclocked too much, but shouldn't it just restart my pc without the blue screen?
Think you can help me?

Anyway here is my minidump,

Thanks alot!

Not enough memory. Not enough video card. Poor power supply.
But the problem is likely in a driver... or perhaps a BIOS update is needed.
When you tell us brand and model, we can get down to a real discussion.

Sorry for not being specific enough ! As this is my first time on these forums.

CPU:Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz

Motherboard:AsusP4P800-e

Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 4x Transcendence DDR400 512mb

GPU:LeadTek NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128mb /w Zalman CNPS7500-CU
- Driver 6.14.10.9163
- VGA Memory Clock 965.3 MHz
- VGA Core Clock 299.3 MHz
- DirectX 9.0c

PSU : HEC Power 475w (not some china brand after all....)

Thanks a lot...!

Not enough memory. Boost it to at least 1 GB, and be sure it is not Value Ram. I would go with Corsair, Crucial, Infineon, or Kingston. Transcend is third tier with a high price... and often low speed.

Take a look at the label on that HEC power supply... bet it says made in China... but it is probably not a part of the problem, as that video card doesn't make any huge memory demands.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are rather none specific and don`t show anything in particular. However, overclocking can certainly cause your system to become unstable, as it puts more stresses and strain on your systems components. Reset everything back to it`s default settings and see if you still get the crashes.

If you do, go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks alot..

raybay said:
Not enough memory. Boost it to at least 1 GB, and be sure it is not Value Ram. I would go with Corsair, Crucial, Infineon, or Kingston. Transcend is third tier with a high price... and often low speed.
I don't quite get it, besides the fact i don't have a top brand ram (i always thought transcendence was awesome!! maybe its a Taiwanese thing XD) , i have 2GB of total ram memory(4x512mb). I will concider corsair next time when upgrading thanks :D

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are rather none specific and don`t show anything in particular. However, overclocking can certainly cause your system to become unstable, as it puts more stresses and strain on your systems components. Reset everything back to it`s default settings and see if you still get the crashes.

If you do, go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Yes, i think that may be the case, i have turned down my overclocking to standard and it seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks alot guys!! this forum rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back