Part identification

  1. [​IMG]

    Just WTF is this thing? (blue circle)? the only details stamped on it top and nothing on the bottom (ripped it out now) are "100". I'm thinking it's a power choke but I can't find any of the same spec/size :S

    Ripped the sides off, it's got a small metal coil, that's all I can see.

    If I short the contacts where it used to be to see if there's any boot am I likely to cause megadamage?
  2. Tmagic650

    Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

    An electrical choke:

    "An inductance, or inductor used in a circuit to present a high impedance to frequencies above a specified frequency range without appreciably limiting the flow of direct current"...

    An inductor tends to limit "electrical noise" in a DC circuit. The "100" is the inductors value. Unless it is burned, it is not the cause of your problem if this circuit board has one

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...