Partition HDD After WinXP installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I formatted and install winxp on NTFS. Is there anyway i can partition the HDD without reformatting? I tried Partition MAgic 4.0 from dos, it didn't work.

thanks

Get the newer version of Partition Magic...I dont think the older ones work with the NTFS filing system...Understandably you'd probably want something free...I searched for weeks, but I never found anything free to do the Job....

Didn't someone come on here recently (it was a regular, can't remember which....) and said that you CAN'T resize NTFS partitions under partition magic?

not if its your system or boot partition... any even then, you can't resize as such, you can add new partitions to expand an existing drive letter, or you can add and delete partitions (not system or boot) whilst the OS is running and format them, but that's about all that will interest you at this stage. It is, however, first class for creating quick and simple software RAID volumes, etc.

If you use the computer management and choose to add a partition to the only HDD you have in your system (where your OS is installed) then it will have to erase everything on that drive then split it (if I remember correctly). Anyway get PM 8 and it should solve your problems.

Partition Magic 4.0. What musuem did you have rob to get that? ;)

Partition Magic 7.0 and better support NTFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back