Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
, I got a laptop hard drive, 80 gig, I bought an external enclose, I plug in, it says it’s 2 drives, so it was partitioned, I went into disk management, was able to delete the partition, but I am only getting 66.7 gigs of space out of 80, but then when I went to ghost my drive, it says it is still 2 33.5gig partitions……what do I do at this point? thanks:mad:

Deleting a partition does not alter the geometry of the HDD; it creates free space. Add the free space to the existing partition.

Ghost is a Norton/Symantec product. If you are using their Recycle Bin, use their utility to remove the 'protected-deleted' files/folders.

rf6647 said:
Deleting a partition does not alter the geometry of the HDD; it creates free space. Add the free space to the existing partition.

Ghost is a Norton/Symantec product. If you are using their Recycle Bin, use their utility to remove the 'protected-deleted' files/folders.

It would not let me add all the free space to the existing partition, it stopped me at 66.7. Still missing 20g of space. I cant figure it out. I know ghost is a symantec product. but when i ran it, it still shows two 33.5 gig partitions, after i already added all the space back to the partition that it allowed me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back