Partypoker pop up won't go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon9999

I have run (clean up, spybot search and destroy, Malwarebytes' anti-malware, my NOD 32 in depth scanners and the last thing so far is the highjackthis program. I made sure everything was up to date on all those programs and ran them all.

I keep getting partypoker pop up when I actively use my internet. I want you to know my computer is a beast and I take care of it regularly including bringing it in to a tech store for analysis. I have decided I will try and get help from you guys instead of paying the cash to get it fixed and I know the pop up is nothing harmful im sure of it. Its more of an annoyance than a threat. partypoker pop up is the only pop up I have ever had on this computer and I have tried everything in my computer settings and blocking methods in internet options and through my main browser which is firefox to try and fix it and get rid of the pop up. Nothing will work. plz help me :(

I have a highjackthis log if you want to see it.

when i try and put in my Highjackthis log I get this message

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

maybe I need to post more or maybe something is very wrong with my computer that it gives out links.... what should i do.

I put the log in an attachment hope that works.

8 steps

I completed the 8 steps exactly how they were shown and only the Cclean was able to get rid of anything. I still have the partypoker pop up even after all of this. It is a weird pop up because I sit with my browser on and the pop up will do nothing but right when I click on a video or a link or something that shows theirs transferring of data that's when it pops up. It doesn't pop up every time but if i click enough things on my browser or on websites it will.

after the 8 steps i disk defraged and cleaned again to see if that helped but no. This is the only pop up I have ever had on this computer over the last two years and I can't fathom why all those programs like ~~> (malwarebytes' anti-malware, spybot-search and destroy, SUPERantispyware, Cclean, Cleanup, hijackthis, and my anti virus which is NOD 32) wouldn't find and fix it.

Well, you have the logs hope you can help

Thanks

Go to Control Panel / Internet Options / Security tab.
select Restricted Sites, and type in partypoker.com , and press ADD.

Restart Internet Explorer

See if it help

That is one of the first things I did when i seen the pop up. When i try and put (partypoker.com) into the restricted site list it says that it is all ready in the list. I check the list and i cant see it anywhere. I tried the exact url of the pop up and tried puting that in and it still says that it is all ready in the list. I tried again today with the pop up url and partypoker and it says the same thing. I checked to see if it was allowed in "exceptions" in cookies and everything that has 'exceptions' to it on my browser and party poker isnt an exception or anything so I have no clue. I also just repaired internet connection and called my ISP and I spent about 40 minutes with them trying to figure it out and they couldnt figure it out either.

Ok. Let´s see if combofix show something suspicious ->

Please download Combofix:
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

I did what you asked and it showed whats on my computer but that program scares me. Did the other 3 logs i gave you show nothing??

The 3 logs are clean. combofix log are also clean. Do you still get Partypoker popups ?

Yes sir i do.

It only happens if i click on video's or links or anything that directs you to another browser or when information is being transferred within a website. I only go to certified websites and I am very careful with my computer. I don't get the partypoker pop up every time i click something but i find the more I click stuff the more often it pops up. (exactly when i click something or data is being transferred). If i leave my browser sitting and do nothing the pop up doesn't pop up.

where would something like that attach to my computer and hide? I even went through my email to make sure nothing was in their that would cause this or anything I could think of. i looked in msconfig and everything but found nothing. Why would my internet options say that partypoker is on the list of ristriceted websites and that I cant add it again if I cant see it in the list?

something is fishy

Thanks for all the help dude but I think I'm going to have to bring my computer into the shop. The 8 step and your info did speed the computers process I believe and thank you for that. I have most files locked and I had computer people set stuff specifically so I will get them to fix it.

If I have other problems or anything I will definitely seek your help

Thanks again, chow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back