Pavalion a1650e upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I am in the process of upgrading my pavilion. The first thing I did was replace the skimpy 300W Bestech power supply with a Roswell RD600N 600W power supply. The leads are long and bulky but with a little creative tucking and routing of spare leads I was able to install the PS. I lit off my machine and gave it the smoke test and encountered no problem. I only wanted a 500W PS but this unit was on sale and it had 2 fans. I also want to replace the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE display adaptor with a evga NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS card. I am not into gaming or anything like that. I put in my card last night but was only able to get 800XX600 pixels with a Lo 4 bit quality. I could not change my display settings and my monitor looked terrible. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW and there is no problem wihen using the 7300 LE card. Any help? Am I doing something wrong?. I installed the drivers and card according to the instructions but am still having problems. Thanks in advance for any help.

Download the latest drivers for the 8400GS at Nvidia's website. Uninstall the drivers for both of your adapters, reboot, install the drivers you downloaded and then see how things look.

Zenosincks said:
Download the latest drivers for the 8400GS at Nvidia's website. Uninstall the drivers for both of your adapters, reboot, install the drivers you downloaded and then see how things look.

Yup! Thats what I am going to try today. I saw almost the same advice in a PC mag today. When all else fails, "read the instructions", at least 2 times.

Zenosincs. Took your advice and the advice I read in the mag. Everything is now working and I have to make a few adjustments to my display. Microsoft put out a hardware update but it put all my display adjs. in the Control Panel, the result of this update was " tweak, tweak and tweak again". Tnks for your help, I am now a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back