PC absolute freeze problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I didn't know where to post, so sorry if this wasn't the intended place or forum for it. Here it goes:

I've bought a Phenom 3x 2GB 250GB for my girl. It works great but there is this freezing mystery. Once a day or less often it will freeze, messing up the screen and stopping completely.

It's not the screen only because music stops, and with no HDD noise whatsoever as it was on some starvation status.

I've already memtested it on 7 passes and there are no memory errors. Hardware ought to be compatible as the PC works fine 99% of the time. All hardware listing on System Information checks out to reality (what I've bought), and there are no explicit driver issues at Driver Administrator (or w/e it's called since I have Spanish version).

Some more context:
-Windows XP SP2
-Memory is "Supertalent", the cheapest I've found, 2GB 800 Mhz
-My mother, also the cheapest I could find, said to work very well: GeForce6100PM-M2, I'd give you the link but I'm not allowed :D

My question would be: what's the most likely cause of the freezes? What should I do about it?

One last thing
We have noticed that most curiously it has always freezed while using Google Chrome, that's not to say that's the cause, maybe that program makes intense use of some feature which the PC has problem with, or maybe just coincidence.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Update:

-I switched memories from my PC and my girl's, problem persists on my girl's PC, indication that memory is not the source of the issue.
-I checked System Health from BIOS for FAN Speed and Core Temperature, speed normal and temperature normal at 34-40ºC
-It has hanged up twice in a day for the first time, and NOT while using Google Chrome. And I had no trouble with it yesterday, so the behavior is very erratic.

well does ur p.c freeze nytime b4 the Os bootup if it does then its an hardware problem for sure
and if it dosent then its a virus problem

incase u think its the hardware problem , try swapping the hdd too
if the hdd seems to boot up fine after swapping then its gotta to b a hdd problem or else its really the cheapest motherboard u got for sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back