Status
Not open for further replies.
General Specs :
MOBO - Intel (Essex) Pentium 4 - 2.4 GHz [Part #2516241]
Storage – Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB -
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 128-MB AGP Graphics Card [Part #6002247]
Memory - MEM DDR 512MB PC266B 32X8 R0 [Part #5000584]
160-Watt Power Supply
I turned my computer on and no video. I had tried to add more memory but I didnt get right one so i replaced old one. I thought it would all return to normal but nope. There is no video. First thing i did was tried the Ti4200 on my old dell and it works fine, so than I tried video card from the dell but still no video. Asked some folks they told me reset bios,onboard video, make sure ram is snapped in, and wires are all connected but no video. I mean all three keyboard lights flash green, power button is green, MOFO light is green, light on PSU is green, fans all work, what am I missing guys?

What do you see in the Device Manager... any red, gray, or yellow flags?

Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager

If no flags, i would remove the install, reboot, and reinstall.

Nothing even in Safe Mode?
Any chance you have damaged the socket during install?
or is the plug out of alignment for the socket?

Update

So I rechecked all the wires and sockets and than did couple of boots. I noticed that once the keyboard lights flash the lights will not turn on again and my optical mouse will not come one either. My friend suggested its the video card slot and I only have one. You guys think its the MOBO? Ray, no video the monitor power light is green than once I turn the computer on it goes amber.

thanks in advance

Try going into Safe Mode ,, press F8 @ boot. and choose safe mode. If it works and goes through, then you need to uninstall it ,, then reinstall it ,,,,

Try take out card, then try onboard graphics only.

Or reseat card in slot. Go to BIOS screen F2 keep pressing as soon as you turn pc on.

I F THE POWER LIGHT IS STEADY AMBER — A device might be malfunctioning or incorrectly installed.
• Remove and then reinstall the memory modules (see page 67).
• Remove and then reinstall any cards (see page 69).
I F THE POWER LIGHT IS BLINKING AMBER — The computer is receiving electrical power, but an
internal power problem might exist.
• Ensure that the voltage selection switch is set to match the AC power at your location (if applicable).
• Ensure that the processor power cable is securely connected to the system board (see page 65).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back