PC can't see TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy06shake

I cant seem to get my PC to use my LG5000 tv as another monitor. I have the HDMI cable pluged in to the TV and conected to my PC through a VGA to HDMI converterWhen i try and get window 7 to identifi a second monitor it only reports 1. This is not a problem when i am only using my 2 monitors. Can anyone help?

Ok now i can get the pc to display on the tv but when i try and play games they are still displayed on my monitor and not the Tv. How do i set up my displays so that when i play games they are displayed on the tv and not my monitor?

set your TV as the PRIMARY display monitor and your pc as the extended. I think it'll also work if your able to clone the two monitors meaning they both display the exact same picture.

Ok got that sorted but no sound now! The HDMI cable carries sound from my Xbox360 to my TV so should it not be the same with a PC hook up? Tried connecting the sound via phono cables to R & L inputs of my TV, tried both side and back audio ports but still no sound!!! Can anyone help please!

The VGA to HDMI converter will not transmit sound. I would suggest you just use VGA to VGA ( VGA out from your PC to VGA in to your TV). Your TV should also have VGA audio IN and OUT as well so use the phono cables to get audio.

I just got done hooking my HP Media Center PC to my 50" Samsung plasma. First I tried dvi to component cable. This did not work because the TV reads a different signal than your monitor does. Next, I tried 15 pin vga to svideo/component converter box. It worked, kinda. The quality was horrible, you could not read text due to blurriness. The third thing I tried was a wireless device from x10. It was cheap and showed promise but suffered from wireless interference. Even when they were close enough to touch it flickered constantly. Finally I found a wireless device that plugs into your usb port instead and sends it to a receiver device. How far is the computer to the TV? It DOES NOT work well through walls. Best line of site. Mine is 20 - 30 ft away and looks great. The only drawback is when viewing video in "full-screen" mode it has slight pixelation but other than that its the best one I've seen. Here is the link to the page I found it. I hope this helps!
facebook.com/#!/pages/Pimped-Out-Technology/131244850224134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back