PC crashing everyday 0x0000007E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys i hear this is the place for a helping hand with a pain in the *** computer problem.

Ok well...

My Pc picks and chooses when It will load windows, some times ill get to the desktop only to have the Pc restart to a blank screen and sit like that until i press the Restart on the Pc Tower itsself.

and sometimes when i load up to the desk top it will run for hours perfect.

the most recent error message i have gottn is 0x00008E (0xc0000005, 0x758B56D2, 0XBAB074F4,0X00000000)

The event viewer report gave me caregory (102) Event 1003

To be honest i ahve been getting alot of errors ranging from something to do with my keyboard ( some set point thing not to sure what it was)

i have supplied the most recent dump files for anyone who can help me.

the computer has a fresh install of windows xp on it just a few weeks old. and its still giving me problems i think it is a hardware problem i just dont know how to find out if it is my Ram , PSU or my hard drive etc

PC hardware is
Intel quad core
nvida 8800gt
500wat antec psu
2gb ram
abit fatality mobo

thanks to anyone who reply means alot as its realy starting to get old for me.

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and is a very strong indicator of corrupt memory. Try this first:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the result.

ahh ok i done this only for 3 passes and with the two sticks of ram in. i will give this a shot 2nite.

thanks alot for the speedy responce ill let you know how i get on tomorrow.

Ok i ran this on my 1st stick of ram the Ram passed all 7 passes and on the 8th test i got an error saying unexpected error (or failure) halting CPU0

on the menu I was shown
PASS 7
Error 0

and on the bottom left half of the menu it said unexpected error (or failure) halting CPU0
with code like fefefefe all along the bottom of the window

does this mean i have a problem with my CPU or have i found the stick of Ram that is has the problem.

I have the other stick running at the moment at home.

That error can be caused by memory sticks not seated properly. Make sure your memory stick is seated properly and run memtest on that stick again beyond 7 Passes and tell us if this error happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back