PC DOESNT START UP... Help Please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, this is my first time here. First of all I want to say that my English writting isn't very good because I live in Puerto Rico and I mostly speak Spanish so excuse me if a make a lot mistakes.... but I do understant it very well, so feel free to answer in English.

Well the problem that Im having is that yesterday I was using my computer and all of a sudden my computer screen froze. When I tried to Restart it, it didn't boot up, it just stayed in the VERY FIRST BLACK PAGE, the page that you inmediatly see when you start up your computer, were it does the memory Test... it doesn't do anything else, it just stays there.

I would be very grateful if someone could give me an idea of what could it be or what can I do.

Thank You in advance... Kenneisy :giddy: :slurp:

The OS of my computer is Windows 2000

Hi Kenneisy, your English is very good, and better than most people, including myself, who post on here; well done. I believe what you may have is a memory problem. If you have more than one memory dimm (card...stick....module), then try booting up with only one memory dimm, and switch them, if it still doesn't boot, to try and isolate the bad memory dimm.

You can download memtest86, install it on a floppy disk, and when you boot up, the test will run from the floppy. It is a long test, so it takes hours to run, so just let it run.

http://www.memtest.org/

Changed website to proper one/realblackstuff

Thanks

Hi There,

Its good to know that my English writting is that bad, I've been living here in PR almost my whole life and I don't practice it very much. :D

I want to Thank you for your help, Im going to try it as soon as possible.

Take Care... Kenneisy :wave: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back