PC Fool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an emachines2230 and I can't get the drawer to open where I put CDs and DVDs in. This might seem a lame question but I know nothing about computers and I can't play any games/listen to music or watch dvds at the moment. Ant suggestions?

...did u try pushing the button?

and by the way emachines are probrably the worst computers on the market...
(they are cheap for a reason.)

lol there is an auto release slot in most drives, try using a paper clip, I second what "tha17" said too

Find a large paper clip, then unbend it until you have a straight wire about four to six inches long.
Then look for a tiny hole in the front bezel, usually just below the CD tray door.
Stick the paper clip wire straight into the hole, firnly. If done with enough force, the tray should open and you can remove the disc.
Now try another disc. If this happens again, your drive is likely worn out. If it is a CD-RW DVD drive, replacements are $29 at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and others. If it is a DVD-RW, they are usually about $49.
Avoid getting the Sony, HP, LaCie, and HST drives. Usually the LG and Samsung are the best for the price. A Plextor is often a better drive, but at a very high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back