PC Freezes 5 - 10 minutes into playing games, e.g GTA IV, Worms RLD, Fallout 3

Hello

My computer freezes only when playing games, all games. worms reloaded, fallout 3, fifa 11, GTA IV etc, it freezes maybe 5 - 10 mins into playing a game, the game will seem to be running perfectly and suddenly freeze, forcing me to turn off my computer by its switch because I can't acces task manager. I am defragmenting my comp as I type this, did a disc clean up just before it, this is the 1st step i have taken other that restarting my PC. It was working perfectly yesterday on two of the games I mentioned, and has been for 6 - 7 months. I will get the details of my comp if you need. I can/could run GTA IV on High settings if I wanted to fps wise since I bought the Graph card. I am happy to use a few days to troubleshoot I would rather not buy a new gfxcard hehe but if I have to I will, payday is 15th.

I am new, found this thread by searching Google, hope someone can help me =D

pc details
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20 GHz
2.00 GB RAM memory
32-bit Vista operating system
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

2.09 GB free of 445 GB if that means anything, i doubt it ^^

powered by a 500W OCZ

Any Ideas?

Thanks

For clarification, are you saying that your harddrive only has 2.09 gigabytes of free disk space remaining?

Hey, Yes you are correct, 3.68 GIG of space remaining on my hard drive now though after the defragging and disc clean up, a little update on my situation:

I am really confused now, pc crashed an hour into being on, I was simply browsing webpages at the time, at first I thought my gfx card was failing on me but now, I really don't have a clue, I have heard of a BIOS update and that this might help me, can somone help me with this?
Running my pc with classic windows taskbars/windows now by the way, issue goes on.

Would appreciate any advice thanks all

Okay, first you have way too little free space on your harddrive. It cannot function properly in its ability to transfer data which is probably why you had freezing while gaming. Having an HD at 75% filled capacity is pushing it as is which you have far surpassed.

So first thing you need to do is free up a good deal of your space.

Second, if your system is Blue Screening then do the following...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Back