PC not booting into OS

layitdown33

Ok so here is the deal. I woke up and found that my OS had crashed. So I replaced Vista and installed XP. I fooled around on XP to find out what was still there and of course all my files were gone. I thought by chance some of the files would be there because the install was not a format. At any rate the files on the other internal hard drives were there.

So I then upgraded my XP to Win 7. I had got everything working on Win 7, then my wife asked me to go to the store. I left the pc on as I was just about to install Office. When I returned home my keyboard and mice would not respond. So I restarted the computer. It came on fine. I installed Microsoft Security Ess. I got to the part where I had to restart the computer.

Then the computer wont boot into the OS. I tried restarting again and again and it still would not boot into the OS. It just stays at the start up screen which shows that I have an XFX motherboard. I turned the power completely off for 15 mintues to try and again and nothing.

I since have left for 48 hours and have not tried turning it back on yet. I plan on trying it again after work but I wanted to come here for Ideas first. I just dont know if its the HD just yet. Its a 150gig harddrive isolated only to my OS and programs. All my other media for music and videos for ITunes/ Mediamonkey is stored on another internal HD.

Can someone offer me some assistance, please?

That 160GB drive may be going bad, if you are lucky. Get another hard drive and try installing Windows on it

Back