PC randomly reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just upgraded my computer, I bought a new mother board (crossfire), ram (patriot 2 x 512mb), video card (crossfire), psu and cpu (dual core). Then I installed XP pro x64 edition and got all the drivers for everything from extended64.com.

My computer seems to reboot itself at random times. NO blue screen. SOMETIMES it will pause for about 10 seconds then reboot. For a wile it was a continuous reboot but now it just does it once. Also it used to ask me put it in safe mode or normal mode, I always choose normal.

I have tried everything and do not know what is wrong. I turned off auto restart in system, I do not have raid drivers but i disabled raid. and my fans all spin and seem to cool the case. I have a program called sensorsview which monitors the tempertaure in my cpu hd and mb etc. it says my cpu temperature is 42 degrees C,there is no dust and nothing is blocking it.

Can anyone please help??? If you need all my parts and my specs just tell me. Please help!!!!!!!

Xp 64 isn't all that great and is known to be unstable!!!! Yiur best bet would be to use the 32 bit version for now!!!!

I have to agree it's unstable! I've tried it myself I didn't get reboots with my AMD 64-bit CPU, but the NIC and the mixed network 32-bit / 64-bit doen't see eye to eye for accessing shared folders.

yeah it was unstable, I unistalled it and installed regular xp pro and there is no problem. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! : ) Thanks everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back