PC reboots prior to loading Windows

Hi,

I'm looking for help translating these dump files.

Running Win XP and had a sweet Nvidia 512 vid card but seems it went bad. I thru in a cheap one just to continue working but now the computer keeps rebooting just as the Windows screen comes up.

I have removed all pci cards and reseated the AGP vid card along with all RAM sticks. I reinstalled the vid drivers from safe mode ( which runs fine telling me it's either the RAM, Vid card, or the MOBO).

Ive included the dump files.

I also got the following msg from the event viewer:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Fips
intelppm

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c2

Thanks,

Dave

I want to point out that at this point the only hardware that is connected is 1 SATA HDD, an ATI sapphire video card, and 2G RAM. All other hardware like USB ports and LAN port are on board a DFI motherboard.

Just as the Windows screen comes up is when the blue screen dump appears but it's too fast to read anything on it. The pc reboots.

Safe mode is fine

thanks
dave

Attachments

• Mini030912-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini030912-02.dmp
  • Mini031112-01.dmp
It wouldn't hurt to test the memory, but it's an ATI driver that is flagged in the minidumps...

Hey,

Thanks for checking the dump files. I kind of thought it might be the ATI vid card but wasn't sure. I tried booting with half of my 4 512MB ram sticks and switched them around but still got the reboot.

What do you use to evaluate those dump files. I'd love to get my hands on it.

Thanks again

dave

Turn off automatically restart in advanced system settings in the control panel, System, Advanced, Start up and Recovery. Blue Screen View is what I use to view the minidumps

Back