1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

PC shutting off

1. My sister's pc was shutting off (kernel power 41), and now it doesnt boot.

Specs:
    Asus H110M-C D3/BR
    i5 6400
    1x 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz ddr3
    Thermaltake 600w
    NVIDIA gtx 970
    1 ssd, 1 secondary hd

I recorded a video:

Keyboard/monitor/mouse turns on, then it restarts and don't turns on anymore

1) I already tested another ram, and psu.

What can be the problem? I hope someone could help me

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 4,062   +1,187

(kernel power 41) - sorry, it is only a stupid message from Microsoft saying your computer froze and had to be restarted - you already knew that. If there was an error just before this, it might tell us a lot.

I have often found that problems like these can be as simple as a bad switch or something which fell down in the case or a loose power connector or a misplaced USB connection on the motherboard, etc., etc.

Best approach is to have an organized plan and to keep careful notes.

Please read and cosider trying the steps here: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm

Another thing worth checking are the power and reset switches - remove wires to motherboard and use a flatblade screw driver to connect the two power pins for a second - your computer should start - if it runs, then the switch is bad.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...