PC Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajd007

Hi all,
I've been browsing this forum for quite a while now and this is the first time I've actually posted anything. I built my first rig a couple of months back and its working beautifully.
Now, I want to buy some quality speakers so I don't have to listen to the crap my monitor puts out. I don't need anything that puts out an excessive volume of sound, as I dont listen to loud music and I don't plan on hosting any parties with this system. I do want a good amount of bass (not room shaking, but just enough so that music and games sound realistic). I mainly use my computer for gaming and for listening to music.
I was looking at the Bose Companion 3, and I love the sound quality, but I think its a bit too expensive for me. Then I found the logitech Z-2300. Ive read reviews that say it is really good, but I haven't been able to actually hear it in a store. I've seen logitech mice and keyboards and stuff like that, but I've never heard of them making speakers, so I wanted to know are they a reliable company when it comes to speakers? I ask this because I've bought stuff based on good reviews before and have had bad experiences with reliability (I guess thats something reviewers can't fully test).
Also, does anyone have any other recommendations for good speakers? I would like to stay at $150 or less (the cheaper, the better as long as it still offers good quality sound and reliability)

I have also heard that Bose has good mids but weak lows and highs. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Logitech speakers are pretty decent, especially the Z5500. You may also want to look into speakers from Harman Kardon and Genesis. I owned the Harman Kardon Soundsticks II and loved them. If you can find them cheap on eBay, the Genesis 1.1 and 1.2 are excellent as well. Creative's Gigaworks is another stellar product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back