PC starting, but not right

Do you think I will have to replace my MOBO / HDD?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello. Sorry if I am doing this wrong, but I am a bit stressed out from this.

I have a desktop PC here are the specs:
Motherboard: M2N68-LA (Narra6
(No replacement)
RAM: 8GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3
(Tried replacing with 4GB sticks and swapped)
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus Quad-Core 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX
(Tried replacing with AMD Athlon II X2 240)
GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N750OC-2GI G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
(Tried replacing with Radeon HD 6770, and Internal graphics)
PSU: Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply - Intel Haswell Fully Compatible
(Tried replacing with 250W supply)
HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200
(No replacement)

I have never had any problems with this computer before, It used to be a crappy compaq pre-made, but I replaced everything but the case, Mobo and HDD. However the past few days I have had a problem where the monitor would not wake up when the computer resumed from sleeping. And today it has gotten even worse, no matter what I do the monitor will not wake up.

I boot the computer, all fans start, the HDD starts spinning, the heatsink kicks on, and than about 10seconds in the heatsink turns off and than nothing it will hang like that forever. The Disk light turns on and the power light aswell.

I have done numerous tests while trying to isolate the problem. I have replaced the CPU and heatsink, I replaced the GPU with two other cards, I replaced the power supply and RAM, The dvi cable and monitor. However the results are remaining the same. I can only guess that narrows it down to the HDD or Mobo. Considering I can not afford to replace them at all right now I'm just checking in to see if anyone else has any ideas. Thanks for your time.

Back