PC temperature normal?

hellow,

when i start my pc, my temperature is always around 68°C and my cores between 64°C and 70°C

is that normal?

that's not healthy at all.it could probably be thermal compound/grease, remove the heat sink of the processor and scrub out the old thermal grease for your CPU then apply a new one.

That is in fact very high by todays standard, and could potentially lower your CPU's life-expectancy greatly.

I had a temperature similar to yours when I used a Pentium 4 with stock cooling. Bad combination... especially since the P4 has major heat problems.

You should probably re-apply your thermal compound to your CPU, or maybe (if you're not using one already) switch to a third-party CPU-cooler, they are not always that expensive.

thx guys but the fact was the process rundll32.exe took a lot of cpu mostly 50 or 60. When i discoverd on the windows task manager so when i close it off my temperature was back to normally back to 30-40

Sounds like you have a virus or a malicious program running as RunDLL32.exe, as it's usually a lot less processor intensive.

I would run a malware scan if I were you, araatn.

Malware or not, the 65 C+ readings are still too high, considering CPU usage @ 50%. Photoshop commonly pushes CPU usage to 50%, Spybot SD, can drive it to 100%. 50% CPU usage should perhaps push temps to the mid 50C mark, but not too much higher.

I suggest you think about a better cooling solution, and also run some scans with another, anti malware program(s). Also the process in question could simply be corrupt, causing the high usage.

It would also help to post exactly what CPU you have. "My cores get hot", really doesn't cut it.

If you have high ambient temps, one can expect to have high cpu temps. Every 1C in ambient temp can increase the cpu temp by 2C-3C.

i found it it was some stupid virus when i saw it on msconfig which program are startups and i just disabled and delete the program and now my pc works fine as hell :)

Hello guys.... my PC at first days of working was imma up to 68C - 82C but today I do not know that happened... and its load only

23-25C without any program still runing... lol and with my Game I got max 53C its a normal? good? or problem so low Temperature? Answer please! Thanks:p

Hello guys.... my PC at first days of working was imma up to 68C - 82C but today I do not know that happened... and its load only

23-25C without any program still runing... lol and with my Game I got max 53C its a normal? good? or problem so low Temperature? Answer please! Thanks:p
please create a new thread for your problem.
that way, a more tailored appropriate response will be given.
anyway, below 50 degress centigrade is more than fine.

Back