PC will not boot please help! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Necrosjef

I recently bought a new pc from a private pc manufacturer. They ordered the parts and assembled it then tested it before sending it to me by private courier a journey of approx. 400 miles. It worked fine at this point.

I unpacked the pc and added extra ram 2GB extra which i was assured by the manufacturer that the motherboard could handle (Foxconn 6150K8MA).

I made sure the PSU was off then plugged in my monitor, keyboard etc then i turned the psu back on, i pressed the power button at the front of the system briefly the light flashed and the fan began to spin then after about half a second everything just stopped. I tried again but it still did not work and the same thing happened. I tried a different power cable and the same problem happened again.

I next opened the pc back up and removed all the ram sticks except for one then repeated the process above, the same thing happened.

I next opened the pc and removed all of the ram sticks and did it again, the same thing happened.

The PSU iam using is a 400W Sansun.

Please help i don't know whats wrong and i would prefer to fix this myself rather than have to mail it back :(

Thx in advance

Necrosjef.

Edit : I tried again to remove all the ram sticks and turned it on it the power seemed to work ok this time, but when i added another ram stick into the pc it would not work and same problem happened.

The ram iam using is Corsair VALUE SELECT VS512MB400

Edit Again : After multiple tries with 1 ram stick in the pc power went on :S

Hi .
the power supply seems to be good as the system is staying on with out the RAm , the issue seems to be with the ram or thee mother board,
Please try these steps ,
Is there a green light on the mother boaard , reseat all mother board connections of the power supply . test the ram on a different system once to isolate if it is the RAM or the MOBO .
Please let me know the mobo on tthe system , and the ram specs

I managed to get the pc working with the ram inserted everything seems to be in working order now. I think the problem was that i was turning the pc off at the psu rather than turning it off from the power button at the front. If i leave the psu constant at the 1 rather than the 0 and just operate the system from the front power button i have no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back