Pc wont turn on, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright, this may sound like a common problem, but this is just boggling my mind.

About 2 days ago, I figured id actually shut my computer down for once while I left for the weekend. So I come home last night, and it wont turn on. First thing I figure is that the power supply was tripped by a surge from the lightning storm the day before, so I unplug everything and Let it reset. (BTW, pc is running thru a surge protector, go figure). So I plug it all back in, its starts booting off, then suddenly shuts off after about 4 seconds. So, I take a few parts out, thinking I may have a faulty PCI card, and I turn it on, it boots fine and starts up. The computer is running for about 5 mins when I decide id like to sit the tower back upright, an as soon as it goes upright, it shuts off. Im not dropping it or putting it down hard either. I tried htis a few times, and 3 times in a row it shut off when put upright, and now it wont turn on again.

If I leave it off for a while, I will get the fans to turn and such for a split second, and the lights will turn on, but it all turns off imediatly. Yes, I have removed the cmos jumper and battery, and I am at a loss for what to do right now. You might need some sys specs, so here ya go:

P4 2.8 Intel Board (ill have to find out what make im not in the house right now)
450 WATT psu
750 Meg DDR ram

And I assume thats all you need to know.

Help me!

Replace the computers power supply and also replace the surge protector. Even after 1 surge, the protector could and probably will be toast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back