PCI Express.... AGP.... PCI...????

Status
Not open for further replies.

XApemanX

I am currently running a AGP8X videocard on my pc raight now, (its some peice of crap). The question I bring into these boars this molment is could I run a PCI Express card on my AGP motherboard or does it really matter?, because I have looked at the startup screen( u know delete on start) and I could switch between AGP and PCI i beleive.( my memory is faded i'm a little tired :zzz: ). If you have any answers to my question please satisfy my everso curious mind.

and an off topic question does this forum Support Imagesigs?

No you will need a PCI express compatible motherboard to run a PCI express card. The AGP and PCI switch that you describe is choosing between AGP8x and the PCI expansion slots but this differs from PCI express. It is to note that even though PCI express gives you twice the amount of bandwidth there really isnt any significant performance difference between an agp and pci express card of the same version at least for this generation of games and cards this mite change in the future. To make your system future proof pci express is the way to go but if you already have an agp motherboard then you can just get an agp video card and it will work out for you as well. it will be a long time before AGP is phased out so either way you are safe. hope this info helps. :wave:

I dont think this forum supports image sigs but i am not sure maybe someone else can ellaborate on this.

No, we don't support them. They tend to go out of all proportions, so even the text-support is only for a few lines.
Makes for a much 'cleaner' message-area :D

Thankyou for the help you have really save my brain of some hardcore thinking.
i'm glad i noticed that the card i wanted was pciexpress before i bought it lol.
would have been a waste of $500. Thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back