PCI IDE Ultra Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombie

Hey guy I ready need help in this one. I have a PCI Ultra ATA/66 PCI IDE Card and I have it install.
The Information on the card is
Promise Technology Inc. Ultra IDE
PCI Ultra ATA/66 PCI IDE Card
The problem I am having is
that the windows have recognize it and everything but when I shut down my computer and plug in the hard drive and boot the computer the windows will not move from the boot screen it will stay there and not move. The windows I am running is windows Xp Professional 64 bit edition. I have it working on windows Xp Professional w/ Service Pack 2 and it works no problem. So I try it on windows Vista and it will not movie from the boot screen. So I do not know what's the problem with this. can u guys please hellp me with this what do I need or what can I try to fix this problem

Odd. I had a problem with Windows and a Promise Ultra133 card (both XP and 2000 had issues installing with that card installed).

I'd check the BIOS and make sure there is nothing set in there that would make the system want to look to a drive connected to that card for an OS.

there is no or I could not find a driver for windows 64bit or windwos vista. The is only driver for 98/ME/2000/XP but the card is automatic install for windows xp. When hard drive is plug in the work under windows xp. But I am trying to get it work for eather windows xp 64bit or windows vista. The card install on both windows but when u plug in the hard drive and boot it will not boot in to windows it would stay at the booting screen for each windows. I am asking if there's a way to fix this problem

Guessing old technology with no driver for either OS you are trying. 8(

Get an IDE USB enclosure instead, maybe? I use one, it's nice and a cake install.
(If you go this route, get a combo IDE/SATA so you can use later with newer/faster SATA drives.)

I'd say it could hang via bios settings, but I'd expect it to hang with XP that was working with it, also.

The problem lies in thr card itself. Promise does not have an x64 based card. I have had the same problem and will have to buy another card that does support x64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back