Pci mutilmedea audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew bull

is there anybody out there who can help me .reinstalled xp but now it says in device manager problem installing multimedea audio driver and has a yellow exclamation mark.hardware wizard says cannot install due to a problem loadind drivers for this device.the thing is its a pci soundcard and i got no disks for it to install drivers,when i unistall the device when windows restarts it says found new hardware but cannot install due to a problem,sometimes it comes up with sis 7018 audio driver but i cant find this anyware on the net to try downloadind it,i trust its silicon intergrated system but cant find driver on its site,the only cd with drivers is my xp cd,if i dont get this working soon i gonna chuck the bloody thing out my window.please help:mad:

thanks tried that but now lists sis 7018 audio driver instead of multimedea audio driver in device manager,but when i downloaded the drivers it said still got a problem and cant work [code 10] in properties,really bugging me know

if you do a google search for" sis 7018 drivers" you will find several pages of problems with this card detailed. you might find the solution to your problem on one of those pages.

but the easiest solution would be to buy a cheap sound card to replace it.

many thanks,as the card is already on my motherboard as its a pci card is it easy to replace it? ,etc buy a soundcard and fit it or would i have to get it done properly by a company

there is no real difficulty in replacing a sound card. uninstall the old one thru device manager and then shut down the computer, remove the sound card and then put the new one in the pci slot the old one was in. reboot and windows will detect the new card and and request the driver disk if it does not allready have the drivers in it's database.

personally I would stay away from creative labs cards ( soundblaster) as they can be troublesome.

just make sure that the card you buy is XP compaitable. it should say so on the box.

argggghhhh sorry im getting mixed up,my soundcard is an onboard soundcard,can i buy a pci sound card to replace it or once a sound card is part of the motherboard u r stuck with it?:(

yes, you can disable the onboard and use a pci one. I have a sound blaster 16 I'll sell you for shipping costs plus maybe 50 cents or something for my trouble. :)

You should be able to disable it in your bios. When booting press F2, F8 or DEL, I'm not sure which it is for your motherboard. Once there you will just need to tool around until you find Onboard sound, and disable it.

Look in the integrated peripherals section of your BIOS to disable the sound, it will likely be called ONBOARD SOUND or something. Switch it to disabled and then save changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back