Pentium D940 Temperature???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ASUS AI Suite gives a temperature of 48°C at idle, is this normal? The cooling is done by an aerocool High tower HT-102. When I stress my CPU with everest the temp goes to 60 - 65°C after 15 mins.
The CPU is not overclocked or anything

Gr.

I have had this happen to me a couple of times. That model cpu has had issues with heat before. I would say to call your computers make (I.e Dell, Sony) and ask them as well. I think this is a normal temp for it though.

I think that temp is probaly normal. However having a toasty CPU generaly shortens its life. Maybe you should consider getting a better cooler.

But I already use a cooler from aerocool HT-102 (full cupper - 600gr - 3 dual 8mm heatpipes - 92mm fan). I thought this was a good cooler, but what do you recommend?

I was also thinking, could it be that I applied too much cooling paste? Does anyone have a pentium D here? and what are your temperatures, so I know for sure it's the paste?

Thx!

Pre-Core2 dual-core Intel CPUs have notorious heat problems, almost as bad as the Prescotts did when they were introduced. Even the process reduction didn't completely cure it. 48C is a relatively healthy temperature, however, so rest assured it won't burn up. Below 70C is normal for a P4 D, and nothing to be alarmed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back