Photo names do not coorespond to the photo in My Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhack

I have saved and named (using Adobe Photoshop) about 150 pictures in a folder in My Pictures in XP. Later when I go back to add some add to the folder from a CD from a relative the original photos in the folder have become mixed up and they seem out of order and the names do not coorespond to the photo. When I view them as a slideshow they are in the correct order, but when viewed as a thumbnail the thumbnail does not coorespond to the name. If I "save as" each picture then they are coorespond again to name, but I'm tired of having to go back and resave each picture all over again. This happens lately to larger folders of pictures that I add to My Pictures. Does any one know what causes this and how to prevent or fix the problem.

dhack said:
... they seem out of order and the names do not coorespond to the photo. When I view them as a slideshow they are in the correct order, ...

The names in a folder view will be different than that of your camera software.
What 'slideshow' software are you using?

When I say that I can see them in a slideshow, I mean in My Pictures when I set it to show the pictures in the folder in the slideshow view then the pics are in order

hum; on XP/Pro, I see view->filmstrip which frankly I've never used before,
but it does show the pictures; kinda neat actually.

The issue will be the display order will be file-name assending and there's no
means to alter that. Using the List or Detail view can be sorted of course
but then you need some software to Preview the contents.

EG: view->Details click Date Modified, then right click any icon and select Preview will then slideshow in the Date Modified order.

Your posting suggested something different, at least to me,
ie:given two files aa.jpg containing a picture of a house and
bb.jpg containing a picture of a dog,​
your slideshow when viewing aa.jpg shows the dog! Is this true?

Maybe the thumbnails files is corrupt? Try deleting the Thumbs.db file from the problematic folder and have Windows regenerate it.

I think I remember some chick from TechTV photoshopping a picture of herself (Kat something). It was originally a nude picture, but she covered herself up. However the thumbnail did not update, due to some flaw in the way photoshop saves the images. This could be part of the problem with the thumbs looking different.

When I look at the pictures in a slideshow in My Pictures they appear in the correct order, ex: "2007-9-8 0001 Bride & Groom", then "2007-9-8 0002 Matt & Missy"

But when I open the folder in My Pictures the picture that is named "2007-9-8 0001 Bride & Groom" shows a different picture in the thumbnail for example, the picture of Matt & Missy and when I open the thumbnail it is the picture of the bride and groom and if I save it "as save as" then it stays that way, but sometimes it later goes back to the wrong one again.

in the folder containing the pictures (in a list view);
find the file Thumbs.db and delete it
change view to slideshow (or filmstrip) and they will be recreated

Do you mean the icon that sometimes appears at the end of all the pictures? I couldn't find one this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back