Phrase Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

momok

Hi,

Recently I downloaded a program PhraseExpress and found it to be very useful. It's a program that helps output saved text strings (very useful for canned speeches here actually) based on either keyboard shortcuts or text shortcuts.

Been using it for sometime and found no problems, so I thought I might share it with the rest of you guys. You can find it here

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Hi,

Yep it does. As long as there is a place to output text, the program will recognise your hotkeys and quicktext. Thus its useful for email messages, signatures, and other common text etc.

A common way by which I use it is through quicktext. I've set it to only recognise quicktext right after the '#' key. For example, I'll type '#quicktxt' and when I press enter, the saved text within the program will replace 'quicktxt'.

Phrase Express runs in the background, and can be minimised to tray. Your firewall might detect it as potential threat because the software detects keyboard activity, somewhat similar to a keylogger. I'm using Comodo and initially it popped up warnings of potential hijacks. However, after trying out for 2 weeks, I can say that this is a safe program to use (it does not attempt to send out information over the information or connect by itself to unknown servers etc)

Maybe I should write a review on this. I'll see when I have the time to do so.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back