Phsical mem. Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Config.

Pentium IV processor 1.7Ghz,
850 Intel motherboard, 256 RDRAM, Savage Adapter

Please help me. I actually downloaded a theme from the net, but unfortunately that has proved too bad for me and for my Computer. Later i decided to uninstall that theme. But after uninstalling i was not able to see my desktop again. So i formated my Hard drive and try for fresh copy of Win xp Prof. But as i try to install the OS i got a message something "Diagonistic tools installed, Restart your computer to continue the installation" After doing that I again got the same. Then i run scandisk/autofix and some problem was fixed. Again i try to install, but all in vain. Finally, I got the message in the midle of installation "Some program stops to proceed the installatio". After clicking on OK, the system halts. After restartinging i was not able to see the display but after few trials display comes but now i got a new messsage, a blue screen "........... Begining of Physical memory".

I takes me a 3 days continously struggling but lastly i some how installed the OS. As i reach the desktop i got the message "Cannot read the memory" and then " Windows logon UI encountered a problem and need to close".

If anybody feels pity after reading my sad but true story, For God sake Please help me.

Thanks,

Muddasir

mudasir_0072002@yahoo.com

Navigate your way to \Windows\Minidump
Zip up 5-6 of the most recent ones and attach it to your next post.

What program/theme was it that you installed to cause such a major problem?

Please reply here instead, since the more people can see it, the more help you are likely to get if i get trumped. And because you were on the verge of getting deleted with my spam filter...

For your convenience:

I got the address of that theme from microsoft.com. There i click on skinfactory.com and downloaded a program namely theme manager.

You have mentioned to zip some 5-6 most recent minidump, but no Minidump folder exists in \windows.
My new Win XP installation works just fine but as i try to install a huge application software, my system hangs.

Lastly, thank you for your post. Take care and bye.

Muddasir

In that case, if you still want to reinstall windows xp, backup your important data, go to the manufacturer of your hdd and download their diagnostic utility or google a utillity that will write 0's to your whole hdd, making it turn back into factory condition, minus wear and tear. Let it format the whole hdd then try to reinstall windows.

Otherwise -

Download a utillity called "CCleaner" (google for it) and let it run through your system.

Download Memetest (google for it), and test your ram 1 stick at a time

Download either Everest Home or Speedfan and post us the temperatures and voltages reading it gives you. Go to the hdd section, or look for something called S.M.A.R.T. and make it do a quick diagnostic scan of your hdd(s)

What other symptoms are you experiencing?

Helpless and very much tense

Lastly, i scaned my HDD and found some adware(s) in my computer. As soon as adware(s) was detected by antivirus-Norton, my system restarts automatically and message displays thta "System has recovered from serious error" then another "No virus definitions are present in your computer".

I then restarted my computer (manually) and rescanned my drives for virus. After many attempts antivirus dispalys nothing serious and no adware or virus.
Then my system again restarts and gives a message that ".....registry file recovery is successful" Then my system halts.

I then updated my virus def. but after downloading i finally got on screen "Liveupdate has not updates your virus def." After repeating the same procees i got the same message.

I have attached some minidumps with this post. Kindly look at them.

many "themes" are really spyware/adware. Be careful when downloading such things.

If you use a program like Goback or revert you can undo it.

Otherwise you have to do viri/spyware removal techniques in the security forum.

Your minidumps will tell what went wrong. Zip em up as an attachment for analysis if you can.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption and a bugcheck of 50.

2 minidumps crash at SYMEVENT.SYS. This is part of your Symantec/Norton crapware. They have bugchecks of 50 and 0A.

1 minidumps crashes at win32k.sys. This is a Windows system file. It has a bucgcheck of 50.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

All your minidumps reference a Symantec/Norton file as the owning process. It may well be your Symantec/Norton product is the actual cause of your problems.

Before trying to diagnose anything else, I`d like you to go and read this thread HERE. Then, post a HJT log into this thread.

The reason I want you to do this, is to rule out a virus/spyware problem as the cause of your crashes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back