Picking a monitor?

vale46

Hi all i am just in the middle of building my first build PC to which i have all the components ready to checkout at an online store.

Thing is, i want a bigger and better monitor to match my bigger and better PC ;p

Currently i have a viewsonic 19" 4:3 LCD and i want to ugrade to a more modern 16:9 format.

I also want to increase the size to either a 26" or a 27"

I dont play games although i do watch movies, my main use for the pc is picture edditing and 3D animation work. (PoserPro 2010)

I want to use either DVI-D or preferably HDMI connections and my budget is £260 ish.

I have seen a few out there but all have conflicting reviews, here is what i have looked at so far.

Asus vw266h
Iiyama e2710hds
Viewsonic VX2739wm
HANNS-G 27.5

I am up for any suggestions for other makes, but i would really appreciate some first hand product feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Vale.

Amazon sold out of these in a pretty big hurry @ $400.00 USD ; http://www.amazon.com/HP-ZR24w-24-i...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1291526297&sr=1-1

I have one, and I'm very happy with it. It's an IPS panel, which is ideal for photo editing, as there is very little color of density shift in the image, from almost any angle.

This is not true with the Hanns-G you have picked out, as that is a TN panel. If you're not familiar with the terms "TN" and "IPS", I suggest you google them.

If you decide on an IPS panel monitor, you'll have to settle @ 24", as a 27" would be well beyond your budget, about a thousand dollars beyond.

Here's this monitor in the UK; http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-005-HP These come with all cables, but don't have HDMI. They have DVI and Display port type digital inputs.

Hi and thanks for the feedback, i have opted for the HANNS-G HZ281HPB
I read an 8 page thread on a popular UK overclocking site and feedback was highly recomended.
These users were not only gamers but photo editors too and for the money they couldnt fault it.
For size the Hanns G seems to be a winner among a lot of users so i will go with that.
I will give some feedback of my own when i get it up and running once delivered.

Back