Please check my HijackThis Log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just would like to be doubly sure my pc is clean, I have run the following scans with (to my knowledge) "clean" results: spybot-SD, adaware,AVG and spyware blaster.
i have gotten the latest windows updates, visited "shieldsUp" to test my firewall and rebooted after the update/scans etc.
Oh and i would appreciate knowing if there is anything running thats eating memory that i don't really need.
... Thankyou for your time.
p.s i use sygate pf

Hi undercover187 and welcome to techspot. =)

That log looks fairly clean to me; however your HijackThis version is out of date and you have not renamed your HijackThis executable file. I would suggest you update and rename it before posting a new log.

I just wish to clarify; you said you're using sygate pf, yet I see a Zonealarm service running?

Regards,
momok

hi

Hi! Thanks for replying, i was using zonealarm but not anymore, i didnt uninstall it though, i guess the true vector monitor thingy runs by itself..... i updated hijackthis and renamed it. Thanks! :)

Since you are not using it anymore you can stop it from running.
To do that,

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

TrueVector Internet Monitor

The following step entirely up to your preference. They aren't exactly necessary, so you may choose to remove them from startup.
Go to start > run and type msconfig. Press the enter key.
Search for the following entries. Uncheck them to stop them from starting up.

NeroCheck
Adobe Reader Speed Launcher
NvMediaCenter

Apart from that, your log looks pretty much fine. I doubt there'll be a big difference in your system speed and performance. You may also wish to read this thread HERE.

Regards,
momok =)

Thank you i really appreciate your help and suggestions! i guess its time for bed or more tinkering with my settings hmmmm a conundrum indeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back