Please help, I'm so close to getting this sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I've been fumbling about all day trying to share my wireless internet connection (which is currently being received on my wireless laptop) with my PS2, and I feel like I am sooo close to getting this sorted!

I have told the internet facing wireless connection to share, and after changing the IP address of my router to 192.168.1.1, It allowed me to do so. I understand that for internet sharing the wireless receiver needs to be the default 192.168.0.1.

I have changed the wired card so it looks for ip address 192.168.0.1 with subnet of 255.255.255.0.

What I'm not sure of, is what to put in the PS2, seems like the auto detect for IP address doesn't work so I need to enter manually an IP address.

I guess my question is, what IP address does my shared laptop assign? Is it dynamic or static?

I'm so close, please don't deny me my goal!

Thanks

Hi,

You are just about there, in your setup you don't mention a modem (cable/other) before the router receives its signal, I'll take it there is a modem.
Switch off the modem for a good 2mins, then switch on, the router will assign anything connected to it, an IP, providing DHCP is set to auto, hope this is of help.

Regards, Ellgor.

Thanks for getting back to me, I actually got this sorted last night by setting the PS2 @ 192.168.0.2, don't ask me why but it seems to be working!

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back