Please Help ME People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelsdyr

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro Card, but I have a problem!
How can I turn FAST WRITE on?? I have tryed and tryed!

First I select Fast Write on. Then the computer has to restart.
When its finished to restart, I go to see of the Fast Write is on.
BUT NOOOO! Its still off!!!):

Ho can I get it on?? Please help me Pro people, please!!!!!

ello,

First of all, choose a better title. Titles such as "Help me plz" & such will only get your thread ignored by many.

Enabling FastWrite will not change your gameplay performance by much but it can certainly have a big impact on system stability. The ATI SmartGate offers to test out your system & judge if enabling certain features such as FastWrite is worth the performance/risk. Apparently, on your system, it is not worth taking that risk.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Thx for the tip!!(= I have heard that if I have Fast write on I get better grafikk! How can I test of I can use fast write? can you show me a pic or explane please.

THX!!!!!(=

FastWrite does not change a single thing as far as visuals go. It is supposed to remove certain bottlenecks when transferring data to the card via the AGP bus. This feature is bugged on many chipsets/cards which is why it's disabled by default.

My friend has fast write on. When he runs the 3D mark test he getts better score! That meens that Fast Write is quite good, or??:S

I've heard that ATi cards generally have problems with lockups/freezing with FastWrites enabled. Of course, your milage may vary.

As far as performance goes, I have it enabled on my GeForce4 Ti 4200 and I really don't notice any difference with it on than off. However, I keep it on because it does not seem to affect my system stability.

If your friend is getting better performance in 3DMark, perhaps he tweaked his system better than you or he has a better processor or motherboard, or a higher FSB or clockspeed.

Like I said FastWrites won't make that much of a difference & isn't worth the stability risk IMO.

As tripleone said, your friend prolly has a faster overall machine then yours, he wouldn't get a big increase with the same machine you have just by enabling FastWrites.

Haha. I have 1gb Ram and 3Ghz prosessor.
He has 512mb Ram and 2.6Ghz prosessor.
I dont think thats the reason.

Anyway thx people you helped me quite much, THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back