PLEASE help me... Power off etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had problems with my computer of suddenly shutting down. I wanted to upgrade so I got a new motherboard, proccessor, and power supply. I thought that would fix the problem until I was trying to install the new BIOS and it started shutting off again. Can anyone give suggestions please?
Ive already tried to unplug the HD to make sure no viruses were doing it, but it was still shutting down without the HD in.

until I was trying to install the new BIOS and it started shutting off again
Never update/flash your BIOS unless you are having troubles with it. You could try to use the CMOS Reset jumper in your motherboard.

well I thought the old BIOS might be the problem.. im still on the old one thanks for the reccomendation Ill go try it.

well

that didn't work. any possibility it could be my CD-RW? Because thats the only thing I havn't tried removing and attempting.. because everything else is brand new and shouldnt do that. except for the HD and i've already tried to remove that.

Well, that's always something you could try. Are you sure your operating system does not have some conflicting driver or application what could cause it?

still

shut off with CD-RW taken out. I tried to reinstall the OS but it shuts down before I can even start setup up... Im gonna bring it in to the local repair shop on Tuesday.. im just kind of dissapointed because I really wanna play World Of Warcraft. Oh well.
I can't format using windows setup disk because it shuts down real quick.. is there any other way to format it?

How does it "shut down"?

Are you sure the BIOS does not have some setting wrong?

I think you should go get pro advice.

what i think it is...

it doesnt shut down it POWERS OFF.
like full on BLEW.
but anyways.
I think it might be the BIOS power settings.
Im getting pro help on tuesday.
thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back