Please help with bsod in Eve online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im getting a blue screen of death every time i play eve online, it seems to happen only when i go into combat, ive looked up other threads of people having this problems and tried following all of the advice there but it is still happening, heres what ive done

Run a complete disk check. using chkdsk /f /r

Check that my pagefile is ok following the stickied guide

defragged

tried installing all the latest drivers for my mobo (gigabyte ga-ep45-ds3r) including the realtek audio driver which someone said fixed their problem (didnt help)

ran a full virus scan, and adware remover (aig - antivir - spyblaster)

im rather at a loss, after spending a good 10 hours following all the guides nothing seems to help, anyone got some advice?

this is the error log it gave me

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

also it seems that when i run the game this really wierd high pitched humming sound comes from my power supply, when i alt out it stops as well as when i move the game window around but when i go back it starts right up again immediately...
this happened before but i reinstalled the os and it seemed to fix it for a couple of weeks...

its about a 2 year old power supply, cant really get to the model number from where its mounted in my case but im pretty sure its about 500 watts.
im using a gtx 260 2 gigs of ram (ballistix 1066) and an e8400 intel core2. my board is a gigbyte (ga-ep45-ds3r) energy saver.

also this is the only game it does it on, i run call of duty 4 at max settings for hours without problems, company of heroes - medieval 2 - age of conan, you name it.
i dont know why eve online is the only game getting bsod.

any help would be greatly appreciated i really dont want to reinstall my os again but i might have to, and buying a new power supply isnt really an option at the moment =(

(ive attached minidumps)

After you re-installed the OS did you re-install the mobo chipset drivers?

Have you tried turning off onboard sound in the Bios?

Have you tried setting your graphics to lowest levels?

Is your Bios the latest?

Is there any smell coming from your psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back