Please insert cd!!!!!! help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my cd /dvd drive is'nt reading any audio or cd roms! Tried uninstalling the drive and letting my pc detect it,it dectects it ok but does not seem to reconginse it? its a newish dvd/cd rom drive the only trouble recently was my moniter popped and i had to replace it,its after that when the problems seemed to appear. any help would be very much appreciated(im a novice at this so keep it simple)!! thanks

It's not unusual for optical drives to fail.. even after a short time. This seems to be a common problem with ALL electronics that are made for $0.50 by tiny little under-paid malaysian hands.

There is a limited number of Windows problems that can cause your CD-ROM not work.. Most of which tend be uncommon (for most people, at least). You can search for solutions here: http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1 to software problems.

If you have access to another CD-ROM, I would make an attempt to swap your curent drive out for a known working one.. Or perhaps try your optical drive in another computer and see how that works.

You say your monitor 'popped', what exactly does that mean? I'm assuming you had a little power surge and it fried. Something could have happened along those lines to your drive as well, although I would assume something more serious would have happened as well.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back