Pop-up surveys by foxfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm getting these obnoxious survey pop-ups sent by mozilla-foxfire when ever i go to web sites. i have my pop-up blocker on and i don't see anywhere to un-subscribe. these are the only pop-ups that i'm getting and am really getting tired of it....any suggestions?
dee

some of those pop ups may be flash driven. you can shut of flash or use an extension (recommended) like adblock plus.

took your suggestion

i took your suggestion.....downloaded ABP
it didn't work....i keep getting surveys from foxfire and mozilla.
any other ideas...is there a way to contact foxfire to tell them to stop!
these are really annoying

This is strange... I never heard of pop-ups from Firefox, and I've been using it for years.
It would be annoying...
Do you have "Block pop-up windows" checked under 'content' in the 'options' menu?
If so, what are the exceptions?

"NoScript", for fast, fast relief

BTW, what the h*** is "Foxfire"?

Also, some worthless trivia. Did you know that "firefox" is one colloquial name for the "red panda", which is not a panda at all, but believed to be related to the racoon.

will give this a try

"NoScript", for fast, fast relief

BTW, what the h*** is "Foxfire"?

Also, some worthless trivia. Did you know that "firefox" is one colloquial name for the "red panda", which is not a panda at all, but believed to be related to the racoon.

thank you captaincranky.....i will give it a try.
foxfire is an alternative to internet explorer
thank you for the trivia....i didn't know that. i am familiar with the red panda though. i'm a photographer and i've taken several pictures of our red panda at our zoo in kansas city.

foxfire popups

This is strange... I never heard of pop-ups from Firefox, and I've been using it for years.
It would be annoying...
Do you have "Block pop-up windows" checked under 'content' in the 'options' menu?
If so, what are the exceptions?

i never had pop ups from foxfire untill i made the mistake of signing up for taking stupid surveys....DONT EVER DO THAT.....its a joke and the spam emails are unbelievable...up to 100 a day. they should be shot!
ever since then when ever i go to a website....up in the left corner a box pops up with some stupid survey pertaining to the website that i'm visiting.....up at the top of the box is says Mozilla Firefox.....wanting to know if i'm at work or home....stuff like that,...when i go to the rachealray web site....it wants you to take a quiz or survey promising prizes to be won....most of the time the survey is on medical stuff asking questions so they can send you spam on medical issues like diabetes, arthritis, stuff like that, just like the surveys i was taking thru the emails...thats what makes me think they are related. do you know any one that this has happened to and is there a magical cure. i dread the day i ever clicked that stupid survey button lesson learned! check with your guru friends see if any one has come a cross this problem. thanx for all your help.
oh yeah...i do have my pop up box checked and the exceptions are....
cn.ziddu.com
epayroll.com
facebook.com
satisfaction.com

It sounds like you added some ad-ware when you installed a free program. Check your Firefox Add-ons and Windows control panel\add remove programs for any programs that may have been added by something you installed. lots of free programs come with adware or want to install toolbars in your browser. it's best to unclick those options when installing free software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back