Possible CPU upgrades for P4VMM2 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmany

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and I really need some help. I have a p4vmm2 motherboard with Intel Celeron 1.6 Ghz CPU and I want to upgrade it with another Intel Celeron 2.4 CPU from an ASUS motherboard. I have already tried it but it didn't work, even by setting the jumpers on the motherboard to meet the new CPU frequency. Can someone, please tell me how to solve this,
Thanks in advance,
Osmany

It's not that simple

You have to find out what max size and type cpu your mbd will use.
Either in your mbd manual or online at the mbd information.
** You just can't stick in any cpu **
Why not just use the 2.4 and it's MBD ? :D

Both mobos are different and will accept different CPUs. Trying to put a CPU from one into the other might bend some of the pins and damage the CPU itself. So know what you're doing first. Go to the website of each mobo manufacturer, search for ur mobo model and if there's a link to it, click it and there should be a page with a link saying something like "CPU Support Chart" or something like that. Use that to check which CPUs are supported by each mobo.

osmany said:
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and I really need some help. I have a p4vmm2 motherboard with Intel Celeron 1.6 Ghz CPU and I want to upgrade it with another Intel Celeron 2.4 CPU from an ASUS motherboard. I have already tried it but it didn't work, even by setting the jumpers on the motherboard to meet the new CPU frequency. Can someone, please tell me how to solve this,
Thanks in advance,
Osmany

This MoBo you have, go to the manufacturer site and look-up the board and see what you can use with it. Most likely another P4 but you have to check first before you stick something in that doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back