Possible motherboard crash?

Hey everyone,
This happened back at the end of 2012, and I know I know, shoulda asked for help sooner. But I thought I knew the issue, and due to the extreme lack of doing anything to fix it, I figured it wouldnt hurt to get a second opinion or a way to confirm it.
I have a PC desktop-type computer, and the last I used it it was working perfectly fine. Then I turned it on the next day, use it for about 10mins, and it froze. Had to press the power switch to force it off. When I turned it back on, it froze again. I tried to do a virus scan, never able to complete it due to the freezing. I made it do a hardware scan at start-up to see if there were any issues with those, and it froze. Even froze when I booted it up in safemode. So, figured it was the hard drive crapping out. Got a new one, hooked it all up, turned on the computer, and it refused to connect to the monitor. The monitor is perfectly fine, I hooked it up to a laptop and everything came up as it should. Pretty positive the graphics card is fine as well, that was barely a year old. I checked to make sure the card was in correctly, also took it out and hooked the monitor directly into the motherboard ports. Still nothing coming up. I put the old hard drive back in, same thing. So I dont think this is a hard drive issue, but a motherboard one. I guess my questions would be is there anything I can do to know for sure? Or is there a way to fix this? Or am I completely off here and there's something else going on that I'm unaware of? Cus the computer turns on and makes its noises, and I *think* the fans turn on as well (cant remember from last check, but zero beeping), can even open up the disk drive. Just cant get it to connect to the monitor, and as such, have no way of knowing if it'll freeze with the new hard drive too.

Done! I didnt find any bulging or leaking capacitors anywhere, but a couple of them are sorta bent outa place a little bit. Not so bent or loose they'll fall off, just not uniformly straight like the rest. But yeah, they're all looking fine.

Back