Possible RTX 3060 prices suggest some cards will cost more than the RTX 3060 Ti

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Nvidia confirmed the long-rumored RTX 3060's existence earlier this month, revealing that the next Ampere product has an MSRP of $329. But the graphics card market's turbulent state means we could be in a strange situation where the third-party models cost the same or more than the RTX 3060 Ti.

As reported by VideoCardz, UK retailer CCL Computers has several RTX 3060 models listed on its site. The upcoming card will have no reference design—you'll only be able to buy it from third-party board manufacturers.

CCL Computers doesn't reveal how much the cards cost, but VideoCardz discovered what's likely a bug in the website that exposes the prices.

Tom's Hardware analyzed all the cards and believes those from Asus are the only ones correctly priced—the others are likely placeholders.

The cheapest RTX 3060 is the non-overclocked RTX 3060 12GB TUF, priced at £457. That includes the UK's 20 percent tax, so the US equivalent would be around $512. There's also an Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 OC Edition for £513 (~$585). For comparison, the Asus Dual GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Mini OC Edition is £495 (~$564), and the Asus Dual GeForce RTX 3060 Ti OC Edition is £549 (~$627)

We love the RTX 3060 Ti and praised its fantastic price vs. performance ratio. And while the RTX 3060 comes with 4GB more GDDR6 than the Ti version, the older card has it beat in other areas, including CUDA core count. If the price difference between the two is insignificant, or if the RTX 3060 Ti is cheaper, it's hard to imagine consumers opting for the standard RTX 3060.

A tax on imports from China, supply shortages, and demand from miners lured by the high value of crypto are pushing the graphics card market closer to the bad old days of 2017 and 2018, with prices constantly rising and a dearth of stock. EVGA, Zotac, and Asus have all raised their prices, and there are rumors that Nvidia could re-introduce the RTX 2060 and RTX 2060 Super to ease the pressure.

Permalink to story.

Τhis is NOT 2017. I see ppl parroting this on Reddit too. They're wrong as you are wrong.

In 2017, I bought my current GTX 1080 fm Amazon.de for...505 euros plus shipping. Yep, that's right.

Amazon.de was overflowing with GPU's, in fact so much so, that the 1080 was selling at 350 euros less than its MSRP and so were the 1070 and 1060.

There was an unbelievable abundance of unsold GPUs in the market which led to prices tanking.

I am not seeing how this is relevant to the clown fiesta that was RTX 3k launch and AMD's own Radeon 6k launch.

Last time I checked, an RTX 3080 sold for 1680 euros here in Greece, more than double its MSRP, provided that you could actually find one. The card is currently still out of stock in the whole country starting from the 1st week of January.

Back in 2017, there were ppl outside computer stores begging you to buy a GTX 1080 almost at half price.

Τhis is NOT 2017. I see ppl parroting this on Reddit too. They're wrong as you are wrong.

In 2017, I bought my current GTX 1080 fm Amazon.de for...505 euros plus shipping. Yep, that's right.

Amazon.de was overflowing with GPU's, in fact so much so, that the 1080 was selling at 350 euros less than its MSRP and so were the 1070 and 1060.

There was an unbelievable abundance of unsold GPUs in the market which led to prices tanking.

I am not seeing how this is relevant to the clown fiesta that was RTX 3k launch and AMD's own Radeon 6k launch.

Last time I checked, an RTX 3080 sold for 1680 euros here in Greece, more than double its MSRP, provided that you could actually find one. The card is currently still out of stock in the whole country starting from the 1st week of January.

Back in 2017, there were ppl outside computer stores begging you to buy a GTX 1080 almost at half price.
And months before that, there was practically 0 supply of nvidia or AMD cards. Miners were buying all the AMD cards, gamers were buying all the Nvidia cards. Once the mining crazy ended and used cards flooded ebay, sales of new cards tanked. It wasnt an on/off switch, it took several months.

And months before that, there was practically 0 supply of nvidia or AMD cards. Miners were buying all the AMD cards, gamers were buying all the Nvidia cards. Once the mining crazy ended and used cards flooded ebay, sales of new cards tanked. It wasnt an on/off switch, it took several months.

it never stopped fully, and it's back again. You can sell used 580 8gb for 250 eur easy, you can sell thousands...or you can make more money with them.

it never stopped fully, and it's back again. You can sell used 580 8gb for 250 eur easy, you can sell thousands...or you can make more money with them.
It depressed cards to below MSRP for half a year. Most people would define that as "stopped" in terms of influencing sales.

Actually Q.P is kind of right - I'm building my son a PC - was just needing the GPU + an a screen to make it worth it so order a GN950 ( won't get it to March - though ) anyway for cards the 3060 ti way over Msrp - so got a PNY GeForce RTX 3080 XLR8- after taking off 15% GST converting it back to US$ - you get $965 - so not too much more than retail USA ( NZ shops have greater prices ) - plus get that DLSS thingy and RT - Plus I think prices won't drop for ages - my 3700x I brought when it came out hasn't dropped much - I got my 2060 for pretty reasonable NZ price + 2 AA games

Just don't buy anything, I am boycotting Nvidia. Or they sort out preorders with delivery address checking or they won't get a penny from me. Don't allow them to get away with this.

Back