Possible upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Backfire

Hai

just wondering if its really possible to Upgrade[Replace] a 2.66 Celeron processer(in a dell D.3000) to something like a P4 or a Dual Core without More power or a New MoBo?

thnx for help

cant find no links to tell for myself -lol

questions

it always makes answering easier if you post exactly what equipment you have / what were talking about*.
What kinda mobo's in there , socket type?

Umm..Not really sure,i dont know that much About parts,and havent opened the case yet,its just a stock Dell Demension 3000,not sure if its site shows it

Mr. Backfire,

It probably is possible to upgrade, but Dell's support site does not specify which processor models the motherboard/chipset supports. you will likely need to update to the lastest BIOS version (A03), unless you're already running A03. according to dell:
Fixes and Enhancements:

The following changes have been made to BIOS rev A02 to create A03:

1. Add support for newer processors.
they don't however specify which models the new[er] BIOS supports. you will have to contact Dell to get a list a compatible models.
NOTE: Dell will not provide any support for upgrading a CPU and it will also VOID any remaining warranty you may have on it. they should however, be able to tell which faster CPUs are compatible.

cheers :wave:

The problem is a celeron is really a very crippled budget CPU. I seriously doubt your motherboard will be able to handle a P4 and I can almost say for sure it won't handle a Core DUO.... the mobo was designed for the celeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back