Power button is broke

Hi. Today I was on YouTube watching a video then my internet cut off, for maybe the 3rd time that day, and it is frustrating. Although, I can wait maybe 1 minute and it is back online, but it is still inconvenient. After this had happened, I was decided to come off of my laptop and go onto my computer. I went on over to my desktop computer ( which is located on the ground ) and pressed the power button, but something didn't feel right. After pushing it again, I realised that the computer was not turning on. Now, I'm starting to think that there is a pin located behind the power button that I have knocked out of place and the only way to fix it is to remove the case and investigate. Any ideas on what is wrong with it and do you have any knowledge of what I would need to purchase to fix this.

You should be able to remove just the front of the case where the power switch is located and take a look

Not sure if just removing the front of the case would help. Depends on your case, you need to determine if the mechanism is located behind a removable front panel(if it is removable) or if you'll have to go from the inside out.

Back